Abhijeet Bhattacharya’s malicious tweets targeted at women causes his Twitter account to get suspended, and Sonu Nigam rants off in 24 tweets before deleting his own account – we’ve got the receipts!
Abhijeet Bhattacharya faced the ire of the Twitterverse when his account was suspended due to several complaints against him. The singer yesterday went on a rant on the micro-blogging site, targeting a number of women and making derogatory and vulgar statements against him. The result? His Twitter account has since then been suspended. Though we would not like to repeat the remarks made by Mr. Bhattacharya, some of the comments he made involved female journalist, Swati Chaturvedi and JNU student activist, Shehla Rashid.
Last year, the singer was arrested after Ms. Chaturvedi filed a complaint with the police. Reports say that after he was released on bail, he burst into tears, but remained defiant nonetheless. After his Twitter account was suspended, Swati Chaturvedi tweeted out thanks to her followers saying, “Sincere thanks to everyone for the support. Abhijeet had to delete his tweet. His Twitter account has also been suspended.”
Abhijeet Bhattacharya is also said to have told PTI, after the suspension of his account that Booker Prize-winning author Arundhati Roy and JNU were behind the action taken by Twitter. He said, “I care a damn. Entire nation is with me.”
And shortly after Abhijeet Bhattacharya’s account was suspended, his contemporary, Sonu Nigam deleted his own Twitter account in support. In a series of 24 tweets, he explained the reason behind him taking this action.
Here are the now-deleted tweets by Sonu Nigam through his own Twitter account –
- Hello Press, Twitteratis, Tweeples and Tweetios, get ready to take screen shots of my following messages for they won’t remain here 4 long
- I bid adieu to Twitter and my close to 7 Million followers today, leaving most Disappointed and angry at me, and some Sadists happy.
- I have come to understand that “You wake up someone who’s sleeping, but you can not wake up one who’s pretending to sleep when he’s awake”
- Media, is divided. Some Nationalists, some just Cold blooded Pseudos not ready to learn from our History of Traitors.
- Hv seen Love Pouring in from Most Quarters 4 my Balanced approach; & unreasonable, illogical, ruthless, Profanities being hurled frm other
- People blessing you on one hand; and some wishing Death upon you. Even some young Girls and Boys and Kids behave like terrorists.
- A woman can endorse a picture of Gautam Gambhir in the front of the Army Jeep, & Paresh Rawal, Criticised for doing d same to someone else
- Accepted Arundhati has d right to her opinion about Kashmir, but then the other billion Indians have the right to feel Let Down too right?
- And we have stopped being Humans. We are nothing beyond proud Muslims, Hindus, Pakistanis, Indians.Gosh.Such arrogance 4 being so stupid?
- One Could disagree with Abhijeetda’s language but isn’t Shehla’s accusation tht BJP has a Sex Racket, Provocation enough to Supporters?
- If his account is deleted, why not Her? And the other Morons who hurl Mother Sister abuses to every Achiever?
- Where’s the Balance? How is it all so one sided? Why is everyone so Angry here on Twitter? Why can’t there be a Sensible discussion?
- It only goes to prove that most humans, cannot digest power when it comes to them unchecked. They need Reins to hold them back.
- I have nothing against Twitter, it’s a Game Changer. Yet Twitter cud have been a Greater Platform. It’s like Porn, shown in Theatres.
- I quit Twitter Today in Defiance of this One Sided Sham. Every Logical, Sensible Patriot and Humanist should.
- I am sorry I don’t belong to a place which spews so much Venom with such Relish! A place that taints me Anti Muslim in some losers’ minds
- I have no Religion. I follow my own religion choosing d Best from everywhere. Those who understand, know; those who don’t, my condolences
- I don’t belong 2 a place whr sm Pseudo Intellectuals actually turn a Blind Eye to d Unprecedented slap I gave 2 d Fatva proclaimers on me
- I am not Right Wing, No Left Wing. I respect everyone’s Opinion but I guess Here, you have to Belong Somewhere.
- I hope I never need to return here to Clarify, but I never say Never! At this point, my Pious life, needs to Declutter.
- I don’t know what will be made out of these Threads of mine, and what new Controversy I’ll get in2, but this shud b d last due 2 Twitter.
- And if there’s a Newer Platform with some Filter, I’d be Owning it! We’ll see each other there. Goodbye till then 6.5 Millions.
- B.P.S. People getting married? U can actually know d entire Psychology & Class of a Partner by just going through the Twitter Time line
- Shall Delete d account in a bit so the messages are conveyed clearly and with Utmost Humility and Good Intent. Thanks Twitter. (sic)
Image Credit: Viral Bhayani