Bollywood Garam: Despite constant reports of new actors and actresses entering the film industry, the fact does not fade away that the industry is still ruled by the leading and the most popular actors and actresses. It is true that it isn’t easy to make a career in the Indian film industry, but those who have made it so far, deserve their celebrity status due to their hard work and professional commitments. Here are the top highest paid celebrities in Bollywood as of 2011.
1. Saif Ali Khan – Saif may not have got much popularity as much as the Khans, but has shot to fame in the recent years with his movies like ‘Race’ and ‘Love Aaj Kal’. The actor earns on an average of 7.5 million dollars per year.
2. Aishwarya Rai – Despite getting the tag of the Bachchans, the actress remains the least earning on the list with just $ 1.5 million. Ash shot to fame after becoming Miss World in 1994 and started her movie career in 1997. Despite several link-ups to stars Salman Khan and Vivek Oberoi, Ash found her tru love in Amitabh’s son actor Abishek Kapoor. Ash has worked in some big Bolywood films like ‘Taal’, Dhoom 2′, ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’, ‘Devdas’ among others. She also happens to be India’s most famous actress and has acted in the Hollywood film ‘The Pink Panther 2’ opposite Steve Martin.
3. Shahrukh Khan – Actor-turned-producer Shahrukh Khan, or better known as King Khan, is the highest earning actor in the industry with an earning of $ 15 million per year . Khan did not look back after he started with the movie ‘Deewana’ in 1992, and has gone on to become the King of Bollywood. He is also the owner of the IPL cricket team – Kolkata Knight Riders.
4. Aamir Khan – Another actor who has found true love in production is Aamir Khan and has an earning of 13. 5 million a year. The actor has made landmark movies like ‘Lagaan’, ‘Fanaa’ and ‘Taare Zameen Par’.
5. Akshay Kumar – Akshay Kumar comes next to Shahrukh with an earning of $13. 5 million. The actor entered the industry with the ‘Khiladi’ movies, but later also proved himself in romantic and emotional roles too.
6. Amitabh Bachchan – This veteran actor was once rejected in a movie audition, but has come a long way and made his mark in India as well as over seas. The larger than life actor earns $3 million from movies and has acted in some of the block buster movies of all time like ‘Sholay’, ‘Black’ and also hosts the much-watched television show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’.
7. Salman Khan – Salman started his acting career in the year 1988 and earns an average of $7.5 million. The actor is still a bachelor and has acted in some black buster movies like ‘Dabangg’, ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’, ‘Judwaa’ and ‘Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya’.
8. Katrina Kaif – Katrina Kaif shot to fame with the help of ex-beau Salman Khan in Bollywood. The actress earns $3.9 annually and has been a part of the successful movies like ‘Welcome’, ‘Race’ and ‘Rajneeti’. Katrina also happens to be the first Asian actress to have a Barbie doll range created around her.
9. Abhishek Bachchan – Abhishek is one of those lucky lads, who entered the industry due to his family background. The actor manages to earn 3.1 million dollar a year and has been a part of the movies like ‘Refugee’, ‘Yuva’, ‘Paa’ and ‘Dhoom’.
10. Kareena Kapoor – Kareena also named as Bebo, earns $3 million annually and had started her acting career with the movie ‘Refugee’ along with Abhishek Bachchan. After shedding kilos and working hard in her career, the actress has managed to become one of the most sought after actresses in Bollywood. This is besides the fact that ever since she started dating Saif Ali Khan, things seem to be looking up for her.
11. Ranbir Kapoor – Ranbir Kapoor too got in to the industry mainly because he is the son of veteran actor Rishi Kapoor . After debuting in the movie ‘Saawariya’, the actor today earns an average of 7.5 million dollars a year, besides his advertising deals.