Sharmila Tagore hospitalized for severe food poisoning


Veteran Bollywood actress Sharmila Tagore has been admitted to the hospital due to severe food poisoning. The condition of the actress had forced her to miss the inaugural Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi Memorial lecture.

The lecture was also missed by Tagore’s immediate family members. The veteran actress was admitted to the Aashlok nursing home, from where she said, “I am really very sad that I couldn’t make it to Chennai for the inaugural lecture. I am suffering from severe bout of food poisoning and it became impossible for me to attend the event.”

Sharmila also said that she was so ill that she had to be admitted to the local nursing home. The ‘Kashmir Ki Kali’ actress said that she did not know Sunil Gavaskar’s lecture would be streamed live.

Tagore went on to speak about her son Saif Ali Khan, saying that he was shooting for the movie ‘Bullet Raja’, while her daughter Soha Ali Khan is promoting her film ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster’. This meant that only Tagore could attend the event from Tiger’s immediate family, but unfortunately she fell ill. Sharmila had written specifically to the BCCI president N Srinivasan after the body had delayed their announcement of instituting the lecture.